Friday, October 22, 2010

Rulebreaker, Un-Single Person

For those of you counting, this is the end of month nine of the six months of Rules. That means I was single for almost ten months. A record, one I'm quite proud of.

As of last weekend, Rulebreaker has a boyfriend (music&lyrics).

Rules principles are helping me measure my actions and reactions in my new relationship, which is definitely making a big difference. I can already sense how my Rules-bolstered self is going to be better at conflict management in relationships. This isn't a Rules relationship by any means, but there are trace elements of the Rules that I have ingrained into my life philosophy, and it's a good change for sure.

To the extent major Rules issues come up, I'll probably post. When this relationship ends or doesn't, I'll probably post. I also still have on my to-do list to write reviews of all the dating websites.

Feel free to ask me Rules questions too, and I'll answer them. Regardless of whether I agree with all of them for me personally, I do approve of their use generally and definitely enjoy my pseudo-Rules-expert status.

In the meantime, thank you all for reading.

PS, I'm like, bff with texting guy. We email every day and have hung out and talked multiple times, about really personal stuff. Isn't that weird? I'm really happy about how that turned out too. I'm sort of afraid at some point I'm going to divulge this blog to him. Haha.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratulations! Thanks for all your posts. You're a good writer, and you post about topics that are fun to read about. Thanks - it's been a pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell texter about the blog. He won't be happy if he reads it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations! Even I'm thinking of re-incorporating some Rules into my life, however awful my experience was with their consultations. After all, I'd try a dress on even if the fashion merchandiser couldn't design her way out of a paper bag - if the design was good in the first place. It's all about self-esteem. Good job applying The Rules intelligently!

    I'll keep checking back. Thanks for teaching us all about intelligent application of a good idea, even one that someone has misinterpreted as rigid and unbendable and turned into a book franchise. This blog of common sense is invaluable.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time reader, first time commenter!

    So I had this fabulous idea to to read a bunch of dating self-helpish books this year, apply them to my life and record my findings in a blog, thus making a best of dating book blog. While I was googling "the rules" take on texting (because, you know...the book is relatively archaic) I happened upon your little gem and am totally foiled!

    But I love it and can't wait to read more!

    You can check out my little experiment from this year if you would like...also in blog.

    ReplyDelete