Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dating two guys

I think I'm sort of dating both texting guy and music&lyrics right now. I communicate with both of them most days (even if just a text or an email). And I think I've become not only okay with that, but happy about it. It makes me a little less anxious about dating either of them.

Last night I called texting guy for distraction in a stressful situation and ended up breaking down about the situation and he was actually pretty good at helping me feel better. Then after we talked, in a later moment, the following text conversation took place:

Rulebreaker: awk awk awk

texting guy: ?

Rulebreaker: how is the office? [the show, that he had told me he was watching]

texting guy: i'm just happy you learned how to use text :)


Some of my friends think texting guy is starting to move towards relationship. I don't think so. But I'm in an okay place dating-wise right now, including him.

What about the Rules, you say?

I'm still measuring my actions - I don't express too much excitement in my tone, I don't say commitment-related things, I don't make the first move physically, I don't ask them on dates (although I have invited myself over to texting guy's place twice at my convenience), I don't generally initiate contact, I don't respond to contact that doesn't ask for a response. Right now this feels about right.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! I've had a really tough summer, so I've had to make my blog private. Lost your email address in a computer crash. If you can't get access to it anymore and still want to, please email me...you're welcome there. I just don't want the wrong people to see it. -Nay

    ReplyDelete
  2. > Last night I called texting guy for distraction in a stressful situation

    This is not The Rules. Don't call men and rarely return their calls. If you need to talk because it helps you relax, call a girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My application of the Rules was over as of end of July - the entries since then are follow up and for contrast since I am no longer really doing the Rules. I'm sort of writing about what has stuck and not from my Rules days now :)

    ReplyDelete