Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Premise

What is this blog, and why is it pink?

For the last six months of my twenties, I am going to follow "the Rules" of dating (or my best interpretation of them) and write about it. The action will officially begin on my 29.5th birthday and will tentatively end on my 30th birthday.

I just got out of a two-year relationship and have been a serial monogamist since I was fifteen, with single periods of less than 3 months in between relationships. I was even married once for less than a year. The ends of relationships sometimes trigger severe, debilitating depression in me. I may also discuss this from time to time, including the ways I try to cope with breakups. Since the Rules require me to do a fair amount of sitting and waiting, I may have to extend the scope of this blog if I get bored. We will have to see how it goes.

As for the pink, it seemed appropriate given the overt sappiness and facial absurdity of the Rules themselves. Just take a look:



I am not the girliest of girls, and I'm not sure "the Rules" is a universal truth, which is why this experiment is both outside my comfort zone and arguably worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment