Saturday, July 3, 2010

Independent, too busy to blog

Happy 4th! Instead of blogging in NYC, I spent the entire time dating and meeting people who know me only from my blog (or from the forums in which I whore it). This was awesome, but I have so much to say now and no time to say it. I'm also running out of time during the official experiment, which is supposed to be the interesting part, right? So I should make an effort to blog about it.

But it's 1:39 in the morning and I, ahem, have a date with texting guy tomorrow. Yes, he asked before Wednesday. And a holiday date's even more premium than Saturday night, right? Ok fine, he sort of ruined it by inviting me to stay over the night before too. But hey, I'm not doing that, so...

The reaction from my friends when I tell them I'll be with texting guy on the 4th is universally a load groan and incredulity as to why I would do this. The answers:

  • I mean, I probably like him more than I let on. But I've tried hard to admit that possibility to myself and I'm still honestly not sure if it's accurate. This would usually be the true answer in my case.
  • I do have FUN with the guy. I can't see myself in a real relationship with this man for reasons I have disclosed here and some I have not. Why not date for fun for a little? However, one friend swiftly poked a hole in this argument by reminding me that I said pretty much the exact same thing about the most recent ex.
  • He asked me out for a Saturday-esque time FINALLY. I mean, don't I have to see what the hell that's like after all this??!!
  • He is definitely the most interesting character in my blog, and I enjoy writing about him. (Actually I only really have two characters documented in the blog although there have been several more that I haven't had a chance to type up.) Texting guy is the Mr. Big to my Carrie. Sometimes I just have to go with that
But do not despair, non-fans of texting guy. I had an absolutely lovely date in NYC with a fixup, I have another first date the day after tomorrow, and I have three messages in my Jdate inbox waiting to be checked (but not until after the holiday is over)!

No comments:

Post a Comment