Friday, June 25, 2010

Empowering

The Rules? Empowering.

Making out with random guys from jdate in my hotel room in NYC? Also empowering.

But can I be a Rules Girl and a bit of a Jdate whore?

I think so, if I only do this out of town and keep my uh, physical activities in NY completely compartmentalized from my dating in Atlanta. So far it appears that I can do this emotionally just fine. There is just something inherently unattached about meeting some guy, having a couple of drinks, talking about upstate New York and indie rock and Mitch Hedberg, and then making out. You don't live near each other and neither of you plans to move. For some reason, it is easy to turn off my "I want this guy to want to marry me" instinct in this circumstance, and the experience is just pleasant. Having never been single before, I have never gotten to do the utterly random hookup before. It is kind of frigging cool.

Where do texting guy encounters fit in in all this? I'll save that question for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Can be WAY empowering, if you look at it the right way - and it appears you are. Nothing like a good safe non-committal snog when you need it - indeed, there's a Seinfeld ep that says it clears all the garbage out of your head! Just blogged something to that effect this morning, in fact. Once again I applaud you.

    The trash man cometh.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you say make out are you just kissing? And if so, how do the guys stop? Like after 10 minutes or 30 minutes, do you just say, 'ok fun it over' ? I have a hard time seeing how guys more than 29 1/2 years of age agree to do this.

    ReplyDelete