Thursday, June 3, 2010

OK, it's done

He met someone else. He called me and told me this in pretty much the nicest most unobjectionable way possible, so that I couldn't even have any anger about it. I'm left with simple sadness. He said that he probably would have kept dating me except that he wanted to see where this other thing went. He was complimentary to me and said that the timing was just off. I have never lost a cage match to another woman. It sucks.

I'm not sure if this action was particularly Rulesy - I guess it doesn't really matter at this point - but I logged into Jdate and replied to a message he sent me in November of 2008:


Off-timing indeed :)

I really liked you and I'm sorry we didn't get to spend more time together. I do appreciate your honesty and I wish you all the best. I got you a piece of flair (don't get too excited, it's a McDonald's happy meal toy), so I'll try to give that to you next time I see you.

-Rulebreaker

(the flair thing is something we had talked about before)

[EDITED 6/4] his response:

Hi Rulebreaker -

Thanks for the note and I appreciate you picking me up some flair. I have good feelings towards you and I am glad to know you feel the same.

I am sure I will see you soon,
FB
[e-mail address]


Do I Jdate "flirt" texting guy as a rebound? Nobody answered this one yet...

8 comments:

  1. Sorry, Rulebreaker :(

    At least you don't have to squirm and obsess over it anymore. He's probably telling the truth too, especially if he was really popular on JDate & FB. You'll have no problems attracting another guy either, keep strong and follow the experiement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things happen. Guys are interested in different girls for different reasons, so don't look at this like a loss to the other girl. It just wasn't right.
    Like I said in my AO comments, I don't think that the Rules did anything to turn this guy away.
    I know that the rules say you need to get back on the horse and get over this guy, but I also know how emotions > logic. So take your time, have a couple glasses of wine, take some baths, do whatever. But eventually go back out and find another guy who is head over heels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Texting guy as in the original texting guy? If so, then I would say negative, unless you have physical needs that you think need filling. You have already determined that he is a Tool (or whatever name the rules gives to guys like him) and he needed to be poofed. If you intention is to find a husband, don't waste time with guys like him

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like his reply.

    I had an...interesting...encounter with one of the Rules authors. Not to pimp my blog on such a sensitive thread, but if you read about it, it might give you something to think about. The upshot: Friendship with a guy you like is a GOOD thing. And the crux of The Rules, I believe, is, "Be considerate of the man you like." Which, by the way, I think you're accomplishing with mastery and class.

    You should be proud of yourself. I *so* admire the way you're handling this when communicating with him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nay - I can't access your blog?? e-mail me at sixmonthsofrules@gmail.com with the link/way to access.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nay and Lipman said it all.

    -PRG

    ReplyDelete