Friday, June 18, 2010

Living up to my name

I'm definitely coasting to the finish line of my six months of rules. I think the most egregious breakdown I had recently was a fairly innocent one - I "requested communication" with a guy on eharmony. I know better than that, but he was a cute, relatively young, divorced, Jewish guy with a sensitive and intelligent profile. I also contacted a few people on my Chemistry.com free trial by accident - I didn't realize clicking interested would notify them. I'm about to go on Jdate and solicit New York guys because I want to set something up for the next 2 weeks when I'm out of town.

Probably most interestingly, I had two more interactions with texting guy.

The first one, I was a nearly perfect Rules girl when I ran into him at an event. Though I did hint that I wanted a ride (come on, I was wearing uncomfortable heels). Then yesterday he booty-texted me. Not in so many words, and he denied it later, but I pretty much knew what the invitation entailed and accepted it anyway. Yes, via text. The thing is, a) I wanted fb guy not to be the last guy I kissed, and b) I know the deal with texting guy. I don't have romantic designs on him anymore. We just have great physical chemistry. I didn't do anything dangerous, don't worry.

I'm going back to NY on business this weekend. I usually have some solid alone time there, so stay tuned for the following episodes, all made possible by my having hit the online dating circuit again:
  • Rulebreaker reviews all the major dating sites, and how to apply the Rules to them
  • Rulebreaker dates a man with a kid
  • Rulebreaker dates a B-list celebrity
  • Rulebreaker dates a doctor
  • Rulebreaker tries to find a New York boyfriend to entertain her during business trips, including a friend setup
  • Rulebreaker gets some serious street cred in softball
  • At least four potential interests RSVP to Rulebreaker's 30th birthday party

3 comments:

  1. details from the text-booty call!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.

    Let's put it this way - I am debating whether or not to re-name texting guy "sex mirror guy."

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and brave experiment to try and break out of your comfort zone for 6 months. . The next match may be happy to receive your request and respond in kind. I don’t know how long your eHarmony subscription is, but our Customer Care team is available to help you make the most of it: http://help-singles.eharmony.com. And I’m always glad to answer questions and provide support. You can follow me on Twitter @eHarmony_jack.

    ReplyDelete