Tuesday, June 8, 2010

We "meet" again

Early on in our relationship, the Ex, who I met on Jdate, said he'd never go back on Jdate in our city. He said he had vowed that this was the last time, and then he met me when his subscription was about to expire.

The Ex viewed my Jdate profile last night.

It's nice to know he's single. And desperate given that he really didn't want to go back on there.

It's also somewhat amusing to know that he wants to make me aware of his existence without contacting me. He knows I will see that he viewed me. This is the second time he's done something like this, the first being in April when he nominated me for something that required me to put the name of my nominator on the application (I had to call the organization to find out who nominated me, which I'm sure they thought was strange). Aside from these non-contacts and my approaching him at a party for a 5-second conversation while wearing a blue wig, we have had no contact since the breakup on December 24. Digression: he did run into my sister on the train, and she pointedly ignored - almost snubbed him. My other friend almost ran him over with her car when he darted into the street. Typical.

Almost 6 months later, I feel like I sort of won at this breakup. I bought a house. I made myself a name in several organizations in the Jewish community (ironically, he nominated me to become more involved in one of the only Jewish organizations I'm not yet involved in). I've advanced in my career, though it's not exactly how I expected. I'm still single, but I have way more to gain personally from being single than he does, having been single most of his adult life except when he was with me.

I look back at when I was terrified to run into him, and it seems absurd. Now I'm almost looking forward to it - not because I wish him ill, but because I've come so far and want to stare my vanquished fear in the face.

Soundtrack: My Fair Lady, Without You; Lily Allen, Smile

No comments:

Post a Comment