Sunday, February 28, 2010

On a lighter note

I have a date this week!

Side note - I tend to be overly literary when writing entries like the previous one. A non-dramatic summary:

Last night I wore an electric blue wig to a party where I knew I would see my former boyfriend. I initiated a very brief conversation with him and the friend he was standing with, and then excused myself. I was proud of myself for how I handled it, but I felt a little sad the next day. And now I have recovered. I attempted to connect this all to the Rules and to the customs of Purim in a way that may seem creepily religious.

3 comments:

  1. Two things
    1. I think it is funny that you worked the blue wig into the summary...you must really love that thing
    2. I hardly think it is fair to your readers to say you have a date and not provide us with the context leading up to it. Did the rules work, or did you go outside of them for the date?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. Did you read the long entry? The blue wig is kind of critical to the story. :P
    2. I will explain it in due course, but I have to think a little about what details I want to provide. The prospect of blogging about real dates concerns me more than it did in the abstract. Not that I think any dude would google what they'd have to google to get my blog, but it sort of freaks me out that if you google "fein schneider" I show up on page 2 of the results, and if you google "fein schneider text" I'm number 3. If you're googling something than "fein schneider" you probably won't be able to find me though.

    To answer your question, I haven't broken the Rules in any real sense re: getting this date. I have to work on my chattiness though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the long entry. That's the point of this, isn't it? To see how you really feel and what the rules are doing for you in those terms?

    ReplyDelete